Monday 2 May 2016

My Holidays

On the 15th of April we finished school at 3 pm like a usual school day. The only difference was we weren't coming back for 2 weeks because it was school holidays.

Unless your me and the next week on Monday you turn up at school at 8:45 am and you head into the library for 'Girls Mean Business'.

'Girls Mean Business' was a holiday program for Girls aged 9 to 13. It was to learn about Entrepreneurship and how to kick start a business and do a business plan.
It was an enjoyable time and we worked with students from school and from other schools.
I learnt a lot and might even start my own small business to earn a bit of extra money.

On Monday the 25th of April it was ANZAC day and I went to the Dawn Parade and then went to the Civil Service with school and I laid the wreath with Meagan and Karlson. Because as school leaders we were chosen to lay the wreath.

After the ANZAC parade my family and I drove to Palmerston North where we stayed for the next week until we drove back on Sunday.
While in Palmerston North we went to Foxton Beach and swam and body surfed even though it was getting dark and freezing cold.

On Saturday we went to Wellington for the day and went to Te Papa museum and went through the Gallipoli: Scale of our War exhibit. Photos to come. The detail on the models are very very detailed right down to the hairs on the arms and facial hair. The most detailed part were the beads of sweat on the faces and arms. While in Wellington we went to see my Great Aunty and had drinks with her. It was a really great time because I don't get to see her much.

We went to Fielding to see my Great Grandad twice and the second time we took him Blackballs and a posy of flowers to brighten up his room. We took him blackballs because they have always been his favourite lollies. They came in really nice jars.

One day during the week we drove over to Pahiatua because that is where Mum grew up and we went to the playground and the flying fox went really low to the ground and it felt like you were going to hit the ground. My elbow scraped against the slide which you climb into. When you climb up it looks a lot steeper than on the ground and you go down really fast. I also hit the back of my head as I went down.

We went to my Grandpop's for lunch on Tuesday and went for a walk around the farm with him exploring his property. He then came over on Wednesday for dinner and we played Charades and card games like speed. When we played Speed I won almost every time because of luck and because I had the most experience.

On Friday night we went to the turf to watch Hockey. I had dinner while I was there and for dinner I had chips and they were better than the chips I get at Hockey in Auckland. We went to Hockey because my Great Uncle was umpiring and he used to be an International Umpire for New Zealand. While watching Hockey it was really hard to concentrate because 2 games were being played at once on different turfs so you had to watch bits of each game and I usually missed seeing goals being scored because I was watching the other game.

1 comment: